Friday, July 13, 2007

Water Water everywhere.....

But not a drop to drink!


For this week's SPC Elements Challenge, I decided to hang out in the car while the rain poured down! Yeah...that's me, in the backseat of my car in the parking lot of Saks Fifth Avenue! lol My mom was getting a new Juicy Couture bag (lucky mom!) and her husband ran in the rain to go get the one she had picked out! Since I don't like driving in the rain (but I didn't want to miss out on a new bag to drool over), I let him drive, and I hopped in the back!


This "rain" element speaks to me a lot! One of my favorite movies is Memoirs of a Geisha! There is a scene in the movie where the main character, Chio, gets sold to a Geisha house and she says..."Mother always said that my sister Satsu was like wood. As rooted to the earth as a Sagura tree. But she told me I was like water. Water can carve its way, even through stone. And when trapped,water makes a new path."

I relate to that a lot. I have always been the square peg in the round hole. and when I felt trapped, I found my own way through it!

To find out more about the SPC weekly challenge, please visit this site or the link in my sidebar!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

rain is always a beautiful thing to capture! Oh your mom is so lucky! I think this is a great shot nice backseat view!